Welcome

Welcome to my creative space! My name is Amy Burke and I am inspired. Card making is one of my current passions and I am honoured that you've taken the time to share it with me. Enjoy!

25 August 2012

Moxie Fab Movement Challenge


 
This is another submission I created for the Moxie Fab World. It is for the Movement Challenge primarily, but also fits nicely into the Asymmetry Challenge (can I enter this card twice Cath?). These two challenges have been the most influential by far.
 
I don't know about you, but my eye actually processes the pink space above first, before sweeping through the sentiment, buttons and wood grain to flow right off the edge.  The most challenging part I found was achieving balance AND movement, so I positioned the three buttons centrally.  I also created a version with the wood grain flowing horizontally rather than vertically, but it upset the balance and gave it a lopsided feel.


2 comments:

  1. Hey Amy! Thanks for linking this up to the Movement Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ...and I loved your discussion about movement and balance! Bravo! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Amy! Thanks for linking this up to the Asymmetry Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun there, too! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! Make sure you leave an URL so I can return the favour.